The 3-part mission of the Clergy Coaching Network Facebook page:
To CHALLENGE, EQUIP AND INSPIRE clergy and congregational leaders for transformational leadership in an ever-changing world. We will do this by sharing relevant articles, research, quotes, memes, and occasionally a bit of humor about human nature, theology, and congregational life.
To ARTICULATE A VISION FOR FAITHFUL CONGREGATIONS. This may include but is not limited to Worship, Community, Hospitality, Discipleship, Inclusiveness, Evangelism, Social/Biblical Justice, Congregational Care, Service, and Leadership Development.
To INVITE CLERGY AND CONGREGATIONAL LEADERS TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR COACHING SERVICES. We hope that many of those who discover our page will seek to employ one of our well-trained clergy coaches to assist them in their leadership and ministry. Our coaching services are available to leaders of all religious traditions. You can learn more about us at http://www.clergycoachingnetwork.com
Posts on this page come from a variety of perspectives and seek to address the issues, challenges, and opportunities facing clergy, faith leaders, congregations, and the communities in which they minister. In most cases, our posts are selected to address the concerns expressed by our clients and the congregations that they serve. Because our coaching clients are diverse, some of our posts will confirm what you already think. At other times we hope they will challenge assumptions and invite the exploration of new possibilities. If you are uncomfortable with posts coming from a variety of points of view or religious perspectives (conservative, moderate, and progressive, sacred, and secular), this may not be the page for you.
If you choose to comment on a post, we ask you to familiarize yourself with our mission and follow these COMMENT GUIDELINES. (By “liking” and “following” this page, you are agreeing to abide by these guidelines.)
- As people of faith, we are called to a higher standard than the vitriol that often shows up in some Facebook comments.
- On this site, we know there may be passionate engagement about some of our posts, and with and among those who have differing views. However, if you feel the need to carry on a debate with another person who comments, please do so via Facebook Messenger or some other method.
- Please read a complete article before you comment. Commenting on a title or a tag-line perpetuates the shallow thinking that dominates so much of social media today.
- Please, no personal attacks. Comment on ideas, not people. Comments that we deem to be trolling, abusive, false or inaccurate (including known conspiracy theories), pejorative, demeaning, off-topic, electioneering, racist, sexist, hate-speech, labeling, “denomination bashing,” or harassing are unacceptable on this page.
- In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, we constantly check our Covid-19 posts in light of the best and latest scientific information. We never want to pass on misinformation or be used to pass on misinformation. Therefore, we will hide or delete any comments that oppose the recommendations of public health officials, that minimize the impact of the virus, that post false information or promote conspiracy theories, and those that criticize the faith of persons who advocate social-distancing behaviors.
- Profanity is always unacceptable! (We have our profanity filter set to “strong,” so that it catches most profanity. However, people keep inventing new ways to get past these filters.) We delete all profanity or abbreviations for profanity! Use of profanity on this page will get you banned!
- Please stay on topic, and keep the conversation thread focused on the article, the meme or the subject presented. Comments that seek to “hijack” the conversation or present a topic not referred to in the post or meme will be hidden or deleted.
- Advertisements or solicitations, posted as comments, will always be deleted and the person or organization posting ads will lose the privilege of commenting on this page.
Remember, civil discussion encourages multiple perspectives and occurs in a positive commenting environment.
By “liking and following” this Facebook page, you are agreeing to follow these guidelines.
We reserve the right to prohibit persons or groups from commenting on this page when these guidelines are ignored!